This Manhattan Dog Parks website is designed to provide impartial and accurate information for Manhattan residents and visitors looking for safe and clean areas to run their dogs in New York City.
We have personally visited, photographed, videoed, and walked the grounds of each of the current sites on our list. We have also provided a dog’s point of view through our dog reviewer Dusty Blue, a six-year old, mini Australian Shepherd who tested the facilities of every park and had a reaction to each of them.
We expect our dog park’s list to grow and have heard news of new parks being planned throughout Manhattan and New York City. Because of this, we welcome your suggestions and feedback, and would be especially appreciative of information about any parks we might have overlooked. Feel free to contact us at any time.
Also, if you are in the southwestern Connecticut region, feel free to check out our sister website www.fairfieldcountydogparks.com!
Current List of
Manhattan Dog Parks:
- Fort Washington Park — Washington Heights
- J. Hood Wright Park — Hudson Heights
- 142nd Street Dog Run — Harlem
- St. Nicholas Park — Harlem
- Morningside Park — Morningside Heights
- 105th Street Dog Run — Morningside Heights
Upper West Side:
- 72nd Street Dog Run — Upper West Side
- Central Park Dog Areas — Upper East/West sides
- Dewitt Clinton Park — Hell’s Kitchen
- Chelsea Waterslide Dog Run — Chelsea
- Madison Square Dog Run — Flatiron District
- Union Square Dog Run — Flatiron District
- Tribeca Dog Run — Tribeca
- Stuyvesant Square Dog Park — Stuyvesant Town
- Tompkins Square Park — Alphabet City
- Peter Detmold Dog Run — Midtown East