Location: 675 Riverside Drive, New York, NY
- Monitor, control and accompany your dog at all times.
- No dogs in heat. Closely monitor non-neutered males as other males may react aggressively toward them.
- Prong, choke and spike collars may not be worn
- Dogs involved in a fight must leave the run until all parties calm down.
- Discourage barking, especially early morning and late evening.
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs must be licensed, vaccinated against rabies and free from all communicable diseases.
- Use caution when bringing food into the run. No glass containers allowed.
- If your dog digs holes, fill it in before you leave.
Hours: The park closes at 1 a.m.
Description: Riverside Park is Manhattan’s most spectacular waterfront park, stretching four miles from 72nd to 158th Streets along the Hudson River. Since 1875, the landscapes of Frederick Law Olmsted have offered city residents and visitors the opportunity to relax, exercise, socialize and walk/run their dogs in a beautiful setting. Dog Run CXLII (or 142nd Street Dog Run) is located between Riverside Drive and Hudson River Greenway off of 142nd St. in the Hamilton Heights neighborhood. The dog run has cedar chip ground cover, clean-up equipment (broom and dust pan), but no watering area. This run also has a scenic view of the Hudson river and is fully-fenced in.
REVIEW BY DUSTY BLUE: This is a smallish and no-frills run, and my feet got really dirty from the cedar chips. The view of the river was great, there were a few trees for me to investigate and pee on, and there were some lovely smaller dogs for me to make friends with.