Location: West 23rd St. & 11th Ave., New York, NY
- Dogs may not be left unattended.
- No more than three dogs per person.
- The dog park is NOT a playground. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult and should be closely supervised.
- Entry and use of the dog park is at your own risk.
- Skateboards, bicycles, scooters and strollers must be left outside the dog run.
- Clean up after your dog. Animal waste must be promptly removed and properly disposed of.
- Dogs must be licensed and have all shots and tags.
- No spike or pinch collars
- No aggressive dogs
- No female dogs in heat
- No food and glass bottles
Hours: Daily, 6 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Description: The Chelsea Waterside Park was built by the NYS Department of Transportation and is operated by the Hudson River Park Trust. The park features something for everyone, including a waterslide, an all-purpose outdoor turf field, basketball court, and dog run. The Chelsea Waterslide Dog Run has a double-gated entry and is completely fenced in. Fresh running water is generally available for pets inside the dog run from mid-April through early November. The paved surface has drainage, and benches and trash cans are provided for dog owners/handlers. The dog run also includes special concrete play features for dogs as well. The cleaning schedules are posted at each dog run and they are cleaned twice a day. The park also hosts periodic “dog meet ups.”
REVIEW BY DUSTY BLUE: This is one of the cooler parks in Manhattan! I loved the concrete obstacles and climbing areas, and the watering areas are clean and neat. No puddles form on the pavement due to good planning by the humans! There isn’t much room to actually run here, but the location and scenery… being right next to the Hudson River, is a big plus.