Location: 899 Riverside Dr, New York, NY 10032
- Monitor, control and accompany your dog at all times.
- No dogs in heat. Closely monitor non-neutered males as other males may react aggressively toward them.
- Prong, choke and spike collars may not be worn
- Dogs involved in a fight must leave the run until all parties calm down.
- Discourage barking, especially early morning and late evening.
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs must be licensed, vaccinated against rabies and free from all communicable diseases.
- Use caution when bringing food into the run. No glass containers allowed.
- If your dog digs holes, fill it in before you leave.
Hours: The park closes at 1 a.m.
Description: Fort Washington Park is located in the Washington Heights section of Upper Manhattan, along the banks of the Hudson River next to Riverside Drive from West 155th Street to Dyckman Street. Near the intersection of 165 St. and Riverside Drive on the edge of the park is The Rocky Run dog run. The run is completely fenced in but has no separation for large and small dogs. There are no poop-bag dispensers or cleaning equipment, and no watering area. There are a few benches for seating and waste bins are located at both entrances. There is cedar chip ground cover and a good amount of space for smaller dogs to run.
REVIEW BY DUSTY BLUE: This was a pretty no-frills dog run. There was a decent amount of room for me to run around… barely. The cedar chips on the ground made my feet pretty dirty. The good thing is there were a few trees for me to sniff and pee on.