Location: Hudson River Park Pier 40, 353 West St, New York, NY 10014
- People must be accompanied by at minimum of one but not more than three dogs.
- Dogs may not be left unattended.
- The dog run is NOT a playground. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult and should be closely supervised.
- Entry and use of the dog run is at your own risk.
- Skateboards, bicycles, scooters and strollers must be left outside the dog run.
- Clean up after your dog. Animal waste must be promptly removed and properly disposed of.
- Dogs must be licensed and have all shots and tages.
- No spike or pinch collars
- No aggressive dogs
- No female dogs in heat
- No food or glass containers
Hours: Daily, 6 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Description: The Leroy Street Dog Run is maintained by The Leroy Dog Run Association, a group of dog owners and community members dedicated to working with the Hudson River Park Trust to maintain and improve the local dog run at Leroy Street and the Hudson River Park and to advocate for the needs of neighborhood dogs and their owners. The run has a double-gated entry and is completely fenced in. Fresh running water is generally available for pets inside the dog parks from mid-April through early November. The paved surface has drainage, and it features a doggie wading pool area. Benches and trash cans are provided for dog owners/handlers, and the cleaning schedules are posted at each dog park and they are cleaned twice a day.
REVIEW BY DUSTY BLUE: This is another really cool park in Hudson River Park. It’s like a bigger version of Chelsea Waterslide Park Dog Run with more room and more features. It is one of the few parks in the area to feature an in-ground wading pool for dogs! Very cool. The run itself is of decent size and it’s all paved, which isn’t my favorite. There are no trees for me to sniff and pee on, but there were a lot of nice dogs and people here and the park is very clean.