Location: 59 Washington Square S, New York, NY 10012
- Monitor, control and accompany your dog at all times.
- No dogs in heat. Closely monitor non-neutered males as other males may react aggressively toward them.
- Prong, choke and spike collars may not be worn
- Dogs involved in a fight must leave the run until all parties calm down.
- Discourage barking, especially early morning and late evening.
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs must be licensed, vaccinated against rabies and free from all communicable diseases.
- Use caution when bringing food into the run. No glass containers allowed.
- If your dog digs holes, fill it in before you leave.
Hours: The park closes at 11 p.m.
Description: Located on the south side of Washington Square Park, the Robin Kovary Run for Small Dogs is run by the Washington Square Park Dog Run Association, Inc, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Named after a dog trainer and pet therapist who died of breast cancer in 1991, the dog run is specifically designed for small dogs, complete with great fencing, a water fountain, and shady areas. It has dirt ground cover, two watering areas, bench seating, cleaning equipment, poop bag dispensers and waste bins. It also features an in-ground wading pool that is only used during the warmer months.
REVIEW BY DUSTY BLUE: This is a pretty small dog run, but that’s OK because it was designed for small dogs like me. But I’m also a herding dog so I like big spaces to run and this place doesn’t have that. It also has dirt ground cover which made my paws pretty dirty. I loved all the small dogs, though. It was nice hanging out with all dogs my size!